17/11/2016 0 Comments
Exploring the Tooth Replacement Option Dental Implants
If you are missing teeth, you may be exploring tooth replacement options. From dentures to dental implants, there are numerous choices available. While dentures are less of an investment upfront, the benefits of dental implants are extensive. It is important to speak with a Langley dentist first to see if you are a candidate for dental implants, and consider the advantages of this popular procedure.
Benefits of Dental ImplantsDental implants can replace a missing tooth or multiple missing teeth. They are anchored into the jaw in place of roots and surgically embedded for a long-lasting hold. Just some advantages of this procedure include:
- Mimic Healthy, Natural Teeth - Unlike dentures that can be somewhat clunky and awkward, dental implants are strong, stable and function just like natural teeth. They will not interfere with your speech, smile, eating or other activities.
- Designed for Durability - Dental implants are extremely durable and are a long-term solution for missing teeth. Unlike bridges, which only last five to seven years, implants can last 10 years or more.
- Let You Enjoy Life - With dentures, it is important to clean and maintain them meticulously. With implants, you do not need to do anything other than take care of your implants the same way as you would your regular teeth.
- Helps Retain Natural Smile and Face Shape - If you are missing teeth, your face can sag or even appear sunken. Implants help you maintain the natural shape of your face and give you a long-lasting smile.
- Preserves Healthy Bone - When you leave empty spaces inside your mouth, you are increasing the likelihood of loss and deterioration of the jawbone. By installing implants, you can preserve and stimulate natural bone density.
- No Cavity Risk – Dental implants look and function like real teeth, but they cannot get decayed and develop cavities. You will still need regular checkups for your existing real teeth and you certainly do need to care for the gums around the teeth as well, since they are still prone to disease.
- More Predictable - Implants are more predictable and have a track record for being reliable and secure. Patients often do not know how their teeth will look after a bridge or dentures, but with implants, they receive teeth that are designed to specifically fit their mouth.
Book a Consultation for Dental Implants in Langley Today
While dental implants are efficient and attractive, you still need a specific amount of jawbone density present to receive them. During an initial consultation, your cosmetic dentist in Surrey or Langley will assess the overall health of your mouth and determine if you are a candidate for dental implants.