Oral Hygiene Tips from Your Langley Dentist
Visiting your dentist regularly is key to maintaining good dental health and being able to smile with confidence. However, there are also certain habits you should practice that will help keep your mouth and teeth free from gum disease and cavities. Particularly if you have experienced dental health issues, it’s a good idea to brush up on dental hygiene and care for a beautiful and functional smile.
Here are some useful tips from your local Langley dentist at Ivory Dental Centre. Use these oral hygiene tools and keep your teeth, gums and mouth in great shape.
- Consider purchasing a tooth paste that contains baking soda to neutralize odour-causing bacteria.
- Use mouthwash that contains fluoride to decrease the risk of cavities.
- Try using floss before rinsing with mouth wash to remove odour that comes from food stuck in between your teeth.
- Utilizing a toothbrush with a tongue cleaner is a great way to remove plaque from the tongue.
- If you tend to brush hard, reach for an electronic toothbrush. With the push of one button, you have the option to switch between five modes, including clean, white, polish, gum care, and sensitive. This will prevent you from brushing too hard and breaking down the enamel on your teeth.
There are also a number of cosmetic dentistry procedures that can help you improve your oral health. Ask your Langley dentist about teeth whitening. Using a chemical process, your dentist can bleach your teeth in one of two ways: performing an in-office procedure, or providing you with a system to use at home, which includes a custom mouthpiece tray and the right amount of whitening solution.
- Bonding is also a great option if you have excess space in between your teeth or if you have a chipped, broken, stained or cracked tooth. Your dentist can also use bonding to fill small cavities or protect the exposed root of your tooth.
- The procedure involves applying an etching solution and tooth-coloured materials to the tooth’s surface.
- Veneers, typically made of porcelain, are used to cover the front sides of discoloured teeth. They last longer than bonding and can significantly enhance the appearance of your smile.
- Crowns are a great option if you want to protect a weak tooth or cover a tooth that has had a root canal procedure, restoring a normal shape and appearance.
Learn More About Cosmetic Dentistry in Surrey, BCDental health can influence your overall health, confidence, and basic abilities, like speaking and eating, which is why it’s essential to visit your dentist for regular check-ups and teeth cleaning services. At Ivory Dental Centre, our team of dental experts work hard to give you quality dental care in a comfortable setting. We provide quick and thorough care to help prevent diseases, cavities, and other dental issues for you and your children. We have years of experience in all fields of dentistry, including restorative, cosmetic, and orthodontic dentistry.
Contact Ivory Dental Centre today at 604-530-4011 to learn more about improving your dental hygiene and health or schedule an appointment online if you require cosmetic dentistry in Langley and Surrey, BC.