07/03/2017 0 Comments
Prevent Dental Emergencies through Regular Check-Ups at Your Langley Dentist
Visiting your dentist on a regular basis is the best way to identify and treat oral health conditions before they escalate into much bigger problems. Some patients might only schedule an appointment when they are experiencing tooth sensitivity or pain. Other patients may wait until they have a severe dental problem before seeking help. Nonetheless, bi-annual cleanings and check-ups can help your dentist recognize if your teeth are healthy and strong or if they appear to be at risk for damage. If so, there are a number of treatments available to help strengthen them.
Taking a proactive approach and sticking to your regular dental appointments can reduce your chance of a dental emergency due to tooth decay and/or gum disease. Here’s how:
- Your tooth enamel requires proper care and treatment to prevent pain and damage from plaque build-up. Regular dental check-ups, daily flossing and tooth brushing twice a day is the best way to maintain anti-cavity oral health. Your dentist can help you avoid the dreadful oral problems associated with cavities.
- Gingivitis and periodontitis require immediate treatment to cure gum disease. You can prevent these conditions by cleaning your teeth daily and scheduling regular dental check-ups to avoid tooth extractions and oral pain.
- Did you know that a frequent sore throat is a symptom of mouth, tongue and throat cancer? Your Langley dentist can save you from oral cancer through early detection.
- If you suffer from mouth sores, you may need to re-evaluate your oral care habits. Your dentist can recommend certain practices and treatments that can help eliminate the bacteria causing these sores. He may also suggest antiseptic ointments to care for canker sores, cold sores and fever blisters.
- If you have suffered a traumatic mouth or teeth injury, your dentist can offer urgent care for dental emergencies, including relief from pain.
- Dental check-ups can help identity and treat tooth erosion, tooth cracking and teeth sensitivity. Your dentist can provide you with options that are best suited to your particular situation.
- Toothaches can be very scary and painful until you seek dental treatment. Advice from your dentist can help you make informed decisions on the best treatment options for your individual case.
- From root canals and dental implants to tooth extractions and other cosmetic dental treatments, your dentist can help strengthen and enhance the existing functionality of your mouth.
- When you have a dental emergency concerning a loose crown or lost filling, it’s important for you to seek dental attention right away to minimize damage or irritation to the tooth structure.
- If you notice a tooth fracture, visiting the dentist immediately might be the difference between a simple restoration, and a more complex procedure, including a root canal or dental implant.
Contact Ivory Dental Centre today at 604-530-4011 to learn more about preventative dentistry in Langley. You can also schedule an appointment online for a dental check-up and we will get back to you soon.