Signs You May Need Dentures
Dentures can provide you with a strong, straight and confident smile for years to come. With so many options for replacing teeth, it can be hard to know if dentures are the right option for you. Read on to learn more about this popular treatment for missing or decaying teeth.
What are Dentures?
There are different types of dentures and, despite some common misconceptions, their use is not reserved for elderly people. Full upper or lower dentures are a good solution when all natural teeth must be replaced. Partial dentures are more common and are provided when only a few teeth need to be replaced, ensuring your remaining natural teeth do not shift.
What are the Signs that I Need Dentures?
While it is always best to consult a professional, here are some signs indicating that dentures could be right for you:
- Toothaches – Severe tooth pain could be an indication that your tooth is decaying. If the decay has advanced to the point where it is touching a nerve, the tooth may not be fit to be salvaged. In this case, a replacement such as dentures may be a good option.
- Gum inflammation – Symptoms like gum redness, tenderness, bleeding or swelling may be signs of a bigger issue that dentures can help solve.
- Shifting teeth – If you have loose or shifting teeth, this could be an indication of bone loss and may make dentures an appropriate solution.
- Tooth loss – If you are missing teeth, the remaining teeth take on more pressure and wear. Having a full set of teeth can help keep all your teeth in good health.
- Trouble eating – If you experience trouble when eating, especially foods that are hard or chewy, you may be a candidate for dentures. Experiencing pain in your mouth or indigestion when eating foods that fall into these texture categories are possible signs and symptoms.
Find Out if Dentures are Right for You at Ivory Dental Centre
If you experience any of the symptoms above, you may be a candidate for new dentures. If you are located in Surrey or Langley, the team at Ivory Dental Centre can help determine if dentures are the right choice for you, or help adjust your existing set of dentures. We provide full and partial dentures, as well as cleanings, adjustments and repairs.
Schedule your appointment for dentures in Langley, Surrey, Cloverdale and surrounding areas today at Ivory Dental Centre. Call us at 604-530-4011 or request an appointment online.