Understanding the Timeline for Your Dental Implant in Langley
When it comes to dental implants, every individual case is different from the next. The total number of dental appointments will vary based on the condition of your teeth. Of course, fewer implants will take a shorter amount of time to complete. However, regardless of how many sessions you require, it is important to attend all your scheduled appointments at your Langley dentist, as timing is a key element and can be the defining factor of whether or not your dental implants will hold and continue to serve you well.
You may need to have as many as five appointments over the course of several months to ensure your implants are a perfect fit. During your visit, your dentist will take impressions, bites and make any necessary adjustments to successfully create your new teeth, custom support bars, snaps, magnets, or clips – components that are all used to secure your teeth to the implants.
- During your first visit, your Langley dentist will examine your mouth and take x-rays of your head, jaw and teeth to determine if you are a candidate for implants.
- The first surgical appointment involves placing a dental implant into your jawbone and then stitching the gum tissue to promote healing. It can take several months for the implant to fuse with your bone and attach to the gum.
- Once the tissue has healed, the second surgical appointment involves attaching an abutment to the implant. The abutment is used to connect the replacement tooth to the implant. Often times, both surgical stages can be completed in one procedure.
- Once the replacement tooth is ready, your dentist will then attach it to the abutment, which can take several appointments to ensure a proper fit.
- If you are replacing more than one tooth or all of your teeth, you will require a fixed bridge, which is held in place by dental implants surrounding your missing teeth.
Typically, your tooth replacement can take up to 12 months to complete once your implants have been surgically placed. Every mouth is unique and takes a different amount of time to heal, which is why it can be difficult to specify how long the treatment
will take and how many appointments you will require.
Book Your Dental Implant Consultation with Your Langley Dentist
If you are interested in replacing your missing tooth or teeth with dental implants but not sure if you have the right bone density for the procedure, Ivory Dental Centre is ready to help provide guidance and clarification. We specialize in cosmetic dentistry, as well as general dentistry and have been providing patients in Langley, Surrey, and surrounding areas of BC with personalized care for over 25 years. We can help answer any questions you may have and provide suggestions to ensure you make the right decision for your dental needs.
Contact Ivory Dental Centre today at 604-530-4011 to learn more about improving your smile and oral health with dental implants in Langley. You can also schedule an appointment online for a dental check-up.